The Rural Financial Counselling Service specialises in helping farmers and small business with assessing their financial situation and to look at what assistance they may be able to access.
It’s main aims are to:
- Help farm families assess and understand their financial position;
- Assist in identifying options and develop a plan of action;
- Support and facilitate their financial decisions; and
- Make people aware of their eligibility for various benefits or assistance to which they are entitled to.
Particular areas where RFCS Tasmania offers information and assistance include:
- Help farm families assess and understand their financial position including assistance with preparation of budgets and cash flows
- Review of contracts and loan applications with lending institutions
- Communication with lenders and facilitation of meetings with financial institutions
- Facilitation of decision making and communication between family members
- Help with planning for the future including retirement or exiting agriculture
- Help to identify eligibility for Centrelink and other Government entitlements
- Access to Centrelink claim forms and assistance to complete
- Referrals to relevant professional advisors for further assistance.